Sunday, March 15, 2015

Art in Bloom Excitement!




                      Art in Bloom 2015 was a wonderful event and I was proud 
                          to be part of it.  Most unexpected was the balloting 
                      that accompanied the exhibit...amazingly, my arrangement 
                                          was chosen "Crowd Favorite".  
                                 



                           



                   Exciting news from the coordinator of Art in Bloom at the High Museum:
"Dear Arrangers,
.........I want to congratulate Lynn Hirsch of Blooms with a View for winning our “Crowd Favorite” contest, it was a tight race with so many beautiful and creative arrangements! We will be announcing all of this on our website next week when I get the professional shots of all of the arrangements- Lynn’s arrangement will be featured but all of your wonderful creations will be posted to our landing page for our viewing pleasure- I will also forward the photos to each of you personally.
Thanks again for making this year’s AIB a fabulous event, I had such fun working with you all!
Ashleigh"


Congratulations to Lynn Hirsch of Blooms With A View, winner of the Art in Bloom crowd favorite! She created a floral interpretation of Alex Katz's "Meadow."


My statement of intent for the arrangement:

I read in his biography that "In the late 1980s and 1990s, Alex Katz focused much of his attention on large landscape paintings, which he characterizes as “environmental.” Rather than observing a scene from afar, the viewer feels enveloped by nearby nature." This oil on linen gives us the feeling that we are looking down on a serene and peaceful meadow. The subtle colors and impressionist style of these flowers add to the feeling of tranquility in this work of art. It gave me great pleasure to pick a basket full of wild flowers from this neverending expanse of "Meadow" depicted so well by Mr. Katz.















No comments:

Post a Comment